International Summer Schools on Sustainable Buildings for Europe
In corporation with CEEPUS
Our annual summer school is a 10-day residential programme organized by the Department of Energy and Environmental Management of the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (Austria) at its Pinkafeld campus.
The summer school is implemented into the curriculum for students of the UAS Burgenland. Foreign students from partner universities have to apply and register to be eligible for a CEEPUS grant to cover travel and maintenance costs. Registration is open to science, architecture and engineering students enrolled at the participating universities.
The language of the summer school is English.
Topics central to the course include renewable resources, such as heat pumps, biomass and photovoltaics, opportunities and limitations of such renewable energy technologies, as well as energy efficiency of buildings and ecological assessment of energy systems. Course leaders and guest lecturers cover a broad spectrum of international experience. Apart from the theoretical input, the aim of the school is to offer some practical solutions, especially with the help of laboratory work and field trips.
The main emphasis of the summer school is on the elaboration of a design plan in international project teams guided by one of the invited professors whose expertise will help students from different fields and countries to find creative solutions to a concrete task.
Field trips and participation in regional cultural events are also planned to facilitate cultural exchange but also to make this cooperative work more fun.
The date for the 8th International Summer School on Sustainable Buildings for Europe will be announced in May 2019.
- University of Applied Sciences Burgenland, Department of Energy and Environmental Sciences (Austria)
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (Slovenia)
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Architecture (Slovenia)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Architecture (Hungary)
- University of Pécs, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (Hungary)
- Slovak University of Technology (Slovakia)
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Civil Engineering (Czech Republic)
In one of the dormitories of Pinkafeld: Step Gästehäuser
Please, arrange accommodation directly by writing to the dormitory
Contact: Mr. Mayr office[at]step-pinkafeld.at
Please, add to your email that you will be attending the “Summer school at FH Pinkafeld 2018” to facilitate identification.
step Gästehaus 1
step Gästehaus 3
step Gästehäuser Pinkafeld