Language of instruction: German
This master programme is aimed at developing and training engineers with vision who are open to unconventional solutions in the renewable energy field.
This is the right programme for you, if you would like to help shape this promising sector.
This programme is focused on ensuring the energy supply of tomorrow. Renewable energy and energy efficiency are targeted with the aim of integrating sustainable energy sources in the power industry. The curriculum connects the topics of business, environmental economics, politics and law with management and personal development. In-depth study of eight alternative forms of energy - biomass energy, waste-based energy, hydropower energy, solar energy, photovoltaic energy, fuel cell energy, wind power energy and geothermic energy - round out the programme.
Master’s programme - 4 semesters,
Diplomingenieur/in for technicalscientific
Part-time study, Friday from approximately
|Available study places|
|Place of study||7423 Pinkafeld, Steinamangerstraße 21|
|Language of instruction||German|
The Sustainable Energy Systems degree programme distinguishes itself through
- an unique education within the topic sustainability.
- individual modules of specialisation within the area of alternative energies.
- our fully-equipped state of the art laboratory, optimal for both studying and research.
- an excellent didactic structure,
- combining practical and theoretical course elements
- providing needs-based introductory courses at the beginning of the programme.
- the integration of current research results through direct knowledge transfer between research and teaching within the framework of the training projects and research papers, guaranteeing that course content is always up-to-date.
- courses taught by internationally-renowned experts.
- conveying an objective perspective of the subject – this programme covers the entirety of the topic, from conventional to alternative energy forms.
Completion of a technical or natural science post-secondary level programme of at least three years at an accredited domestic or foreign educational institution, e.g. a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree from a university or a university of applied
For more information, see
Potential employers include all private and public companies and organisations which deal with the integration of sustainable energy sources in energy supply and optimisation in the area of energy efficiency. Such companies include energy suppliers, operators of power plants, energy agencies and NGOs, research and development companies, plant construction firms for alternative energy projects etc. Key areas of employment include alternative energies such as hydropower, biomass, wind power and solar energy.
Graduates of this programme work in project development, as project leaders, as process decision-makers as well as in consulting, public relations and applied research and development within topics related to energy.