Language of instruction: German
This programme develops and trains IT experts with state-of-the-art know-how.
This is the right study programme for you if you are interested in modern computer systems, networks, and the "internet-of-things".
Information Technology Infrastructure Management may be studied on a full or part-time basis; for details, see programme "facts".
Bachelor’s degree – 6 semesters
Bachelor of Science in Engineering - BSc
Full-time (Mon – Fri) or part-time (typically every two weeks, from 2:00 p.m. on Friday to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. - plus an additional two on-site blocks Thursday to Saturday, all day, each semester), 30% distance learning
Available study places
Place of study
7000 Eisenstadt, Campus 1
Language of instruction
German (min. level B2, better C1), English (min. level B2)
The IT Infrastructure Management degree programme distinguishes itself through
- its unique focus on IT Infrastructures (system architecture and software, networks, IT technologies).
- its excellent didactic structure. Full-time students are incorporated into the working world following a work placement two years into the course. Students in the part-time study programme can optimally combine study and work with the blended learning approach.
- the flexibility it offers students – it is possible to switch from being a full-time to a part-time student at the beginning of a new semester.
- the possibility of specialising in the fields of Distributed Systems and Security Management.
- courses preparing students to achieve nationally and internationally recognised standards and acquire certificates.
Potential employers are companies of varying sizes and sectors that not only create IT infrastructures but manage and maintain them.
Graduates of this programme work in areas such as:
Design and implementation of IT infrastructures
as project managers of IT infrastructure projects, ICT engineers
as ICT and network coordinators, IT quality managers, IT security coordinators
Provision of IT services
as IT consultants, IT service professionals
Marketing, training, customer service and sales
as IT customer service managers, help desk managers