There are many good reasons for spending a semester abroad at a partner university, as international experience is becoming more and more important for both studies and careers.
A semester abroad gives you the opportunity to
- expand your skills in a new environment
- get to know other cultures and lifestyles
- develop intercultural competence
- train your foreign language skills
- make international contacts for the future
- become acquainted with new teaching and learning methods
You can complete a study abroad and / or an internship abroad with an ERASMUS scholarship ERASMUS-Stipendium. Studying abroad is also possible via the CEEPUS program CEEPUS. The menu item “Partner Universities” gives information about which institutions are eligible for CEEPUS (marked with a **). Further information about funding can be obtained from the student grant authority Studienbeihilfenbehörde and the scholarship database of the Oead Stipendiendatenbank des ÖAD .
A successfully completed semester abroad is recognized and credited at our university via the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The application deadlines are as follows:
Winter Semester: February 15th - March 15th
Summer Semester: September 15th
The International Office team regularly holds informational events where you can find out more about the application process, deadlines and funding amounts. Please take note of the announcement of these events in your student calendar.
New: Erasmus+ mobile app
- Handy step-by-step checklist to guide you through your time abroad
- Complete your learning agreement an your phone
- Exchange top tips for studying and training abroad
- Learn a language anywhere with Online Linguistic Support
- Get it on Google Play or iTunes