Migrants who are interested in studying at the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland will find the following information useful. The information has been provided as a part of the VINCE Project, an ERASMUS+ Project, sponsored by the European Union and Co-financed by the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland.
The information is provided in five main sections:
1. Welcome to Europe
Questions about living and working in Europe, which migrants frequently ask, have been formulated and the answers provided. There is an initial section with basic information about Europe followed by two main categories of FAQs: Main organizations and standards in Europe and settling in Europe.
2. Welcome to Austria
Questions about living in Austria, which refugees and migrants frequently ask, have been formulated and the answers provided. There are four categories of FAQs:
- General information about this country
- Conditions for refugees during and after asylum seeking
- System of schools & education
- Systems for transport, working and health
3. Welcome to Higher Education in Europe
Questions about higher education in Europe which migrants frequently ask have been formulated and the answers provided. There are three categories of FAQs:
- General information on higher education in Europe
- Admission regulations and funding
- Information on student life
4. Welcome to the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland
Typical questions asked by migrants or refugees have been formulated and the answers provided, grouped into four categories:
- General Information about the Institution and Departments
- Language Issues
- Funding and Financial Support
- Social and Practical Issues
5. Welcome to Validation
These guidelines are designed to explain validation of prior learning (VPL) to newcomers (i.e. migrants and/or refugees) and to show them how it might facilitate their entry to higher education programmes of study.