Bridging Program for International Students
The Bridging Program for International Students is a one to two-year university preparation program for international applicants, which leads to undergraduate and graduate programs at UAS Burgenland. The program acts as a bridge between your current qualifications and entry requirements of the various degree programs offered at UAS Burgenland and is designed to plug academic gaps, improve your German and English language skills and familiarize you with Austrian life and culture in preparation for university studies.
You can choose to participate in the Bridging Program offered at Campus Pinkafeld for two or four semesters before applying to and eventually joining your desired degree program. The full Bridging Program is a four-semester academic program targeted at students whose academic readiness and/or German and/or English language skills is/are not sufficient to be admitted to regular undergraduate programs at UAS Burgenland. The two-semester Advanced Bridging Program requires that you already meet the specific entry requirements of your desired undergraduate or graduate program, apart from sufficient language qualifications. Upon successful completion of the two or four semester Bridging Program you can apply to one of the regular undergraduate or graduate programs. Please note that the Bridging Program is offered on a fee paying basis and entry into undergraduate and postgraduate studies is subject to admission criteria. The final acceptance of enrolment will always be at the discretion of the head of the desired degree program.
- Full-time studies
- Duration of Bridging Program: 2 – 4 semesters
Academic year 2015/2016: 1 October 2015 – 31 July 2016
Academic year 2016/2017: 1 Oktober 2016 – 31 July 2017
- German and English language courses are available from level A1 to at least level B2 according to the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages” (CEFR)
- Internationally recognized German language diplomas “ÖSD - Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch” can be obtained after completing each German language module; ÖSD diplomas are state-approved examinations for German as a Foreign/Second Language which correspond to the levels of CEFR
- Applicants who basically meet all entry requirements of the desired degree program and can prove German language skills at least at A2 level and English language skills at least at B1 level (according to CEFR) are candidates for the Advanced Bridging Program (2 semesters only). If there is no official proof of your levels available, corresponding language proficiency exams can be taken at Campus Pinkafeld upon arrival/before program start.
- Studies at UAS Burgenland do not only offer applicants with ‘A’-Levels academic perspectives, they also open up chances for academic development to people with a completed vocational training (certificate from a vocational school) which usually doesn’t grant access to university studies directly. In order to find out if you are such an eligible candidate for application to our Bridging Program, please check the admission requirements for your desired bachelor program at www.fh-burgenland.at.
- The program languages are German and English
- The total obtainable credits are 30 ECTS per semester
- Join a community of international students in the adjacent student hostel (other residential options might be available upon request).
Target Group and Entry Requirements
The main target group of the Bridging Program for International Students at Campus Pinkafeld is applicants aiming to obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree at UAS Burgenland who lack the required entry qualifications. Following completion of the program you are eligible for application to a degree program at one of our two campuses at UAS Burgenland.
Personal and educational documents needed are:
- CV including personal statement on motivation to join the program
- Valid passport
- Completed application form which can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary school leaving certificate and/or any other proof of your university entrance qualifications in your home country
- Secondary school transcript (final year)
- If you already started/completed some sort of higher education/studies, (university) transcripts and/or awarded diplomas/degrees
- Language certificates (German, English)
Please note that the required educational documents may differ according to your personal educational background. Your application, however, can only be processed if all the required personal and educational documents are made available in due time. According to your country of origin, it might also be necessary to have all your original documents certified by the Austrian embassy or consulate in your home country. If the documents are not issued in German or English, you need to provide certified German or English translations as well.
For information and to apply please contact:
Prof.(FH) Mag. Dr. Andrea Kelz,
Leitung Zentrum für Vorbereitungslehrgänge, HochschullehrerIn,
|Telefon:||+43 5 7705-4137|