International Joint Cross-Border PhD Programme in International Economic Relations and Management
The Universities of Bratislava, Pula, Sopron and Varaždin are longestablished, state-run universities, entitled to award doctoral and postdoctoral degrees and qualifications.
On behalf of all four partner universities, the International Joint Cross-Border PhD Programme in International Economic Relations and Management is organized and administered by the Consortium of these universities in collaboration with the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (UAS), Eisenstadt, Austria.
The Joint PhD programme is a unique doctoral crossborder programme focusing on Central and Eastern European countries and is comparable to the best doctoral cross-border programmes within the EU in terms of structure and organisation. It takes into account the specifications of small groups of PhD students, thorough fundamental knowledge, and a variety of specialisations, allowing students to closely cooperate with supervisors within their respective areas of specialisation at university institutions abroad.
After the successful completion of all exams and programme requirements, doctoral students are awarded the internationally recognised academic degree ‘Doctor of Philosophy’ (PhD) on behalf of all partner universities. The academic degree is internationally recognized.
The International Joint Cross-Border PhD programme in International Economic Relations and Management was submitted to the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ) in accordance with § 27 para. 1 and registered by the AQ in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG. The registration of the programme in accordance with § 27 para. 6 HS-QSG does not ascertain equivalence with Austrian study programmes and similar Austrian academic degrees. Graduates awarded with an academic degree from Hungary, Slovakia or Croatia are entitled to use it in accordance with § 88 para. 1 of the 2002 law governing universities. The academic degrees in International Economic Relations and Management in the International Joint Cross-Border PhD programme jointly awarded by the participating universities in Bratislava, Sopron and Pula are therefore recognised foreign degrees in Austria and may be used in official documents in accordance with § 88 para. 1a of the 2002 law governing universities.
- part-time studies (face2face weekends WT 2018/2019 - pdf)
- language of tuition is English
- programme is devised to be completed within a minimum of three years (six semesters / 180 ECTS). To complete the doctoral dissertation, a student may take up to five years from the date the Consortium accepts the research proposal.
Target Group and Entry Requirements
The International Joint Cross-border PhD Programme addresses candidates in qualified professional positions, preferably with a background in business management or economics who wish to obtain a doctoral degree based on advanced applied
The International Joint Cross-border PhD Programme is open to applicants who
- hold a Diploma or Master’s degree or equivalent degree issued by an officially accredited university or institution of higher education (e.g.: University of Applied Sciences);
- submit complete application documents, including a statement of personal motivation and a description of the intended research orientation;
- have at least two years of qualified professional experience;
- and master English (the language of tuition) on at least the C1-level.
For information and to apply please contact the Programme Director or Management
Tuition fees are defined by the Consortium and are subject to change every academic year according to the tuition fees of the respective partner universities.
1. Question & Answer Meeting: Friday 4th May 2018, at 4 p.m. - 5.30 p.m., E.HG 015, Eisenstadt
2. Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
3. Personal interviews & presentations of research proposals: September 22nd & 23rd, 2018