Building Technology and Building Automation
Language of instruction: German
This six semester bachelor (BSc) programme produces expert facility technicians who are capable of taking on current and future challenges of the sector by implementing their knowledge and technical training in areas such as “Integrated Planning“ and “Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Standards“.
The programme focuses on the planning, installation, or routine operation of technical equipment in buildings. An essential goal within the process is to provide a comfortable environment for the occupants which is—at the same time—energy-efficient, easy on resources, and as ecological as possible.
Bachelor’s programme - 6 semesters
Bachelor of Science in Engineering - BSc
Full-time*, part-time** or extended part-time*** study
Available study places
Place of study
7423 Pinkafeld, Steinamangerstraße 21
Language of instruction
*Full-time: approximately 15 weeks per semester, usually Tuesday through Friday; physical presence with many additional offers.
**Part-time: over a period of approximately 22 weeks, with on-campus courses (every two weeks, on average): usually Friday from 2:00 p.m.--9:45 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m.--6:30 p.m., with an additional two physical presence blocks per semester (Thursday - Saturday, from 8:30 a.m.—7:30 p.m.).
***Extended Part-Time: a program which has an additional two semesters in order to lighten each semester course load.
“ A“ levels (or equivalent qualifications), university entrance examination or
vocational matriculation examination, preparatory course with an accreditation
- A unique education in facilities engineering and building automation including years of experience
- A great number of courses in a special lab for facilities engineering and building automation
- Flexibility in order to promote compatibility of studies, job and private life
- Individual assistance prior to and during studies through support courses for individuals without technical and scientific backgrounds as well as support courses for all those studying to be energy consultants or energy auditors
Application and admission process
Apply online before 31 March. After this date you can only apply for remaining free places. Candidates will then be invited for an interview.
Graduates of the program work for businesses and organizations involved in the conception, planning, bidding, realization and construction, construction supervision, operational management, renovation, analysis and optimization of facilities and equipment.
Planning, Construction and Project Management
- Planning Engineer
- Project Coordinator
- Commercial-Technical Project Manager
- Construction Site Coordinator
Sales, Training, Customer Service
- Product Manager
- Sales and Customer Service Representative
- Contract Coordinator
Operation and Renovation; Consulting
- Facility Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Energy Consultant
- Energy Auditor