6th International Summer School on Sustainable Buildings for Europe
September 20 – 29, 2017
University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (Pinkafeld Campus)
Fachhochschule Burgenland GmbH
Sponsored by CEEPUS
Scientific and technological advances are essential to addressing the energy challenges of the future, in which global energy needs will more than double by 2050. This summer school will provide an overview of current issues and sustainable technologies in the energy cycle from generation to utilization
Topics central to the course include energy efficiency of buildings, opportunities and limitations of renewable energy technologies as well as ecological assessment of energy systems. Apart from the theoretical input, the aim of the school is to offer some practical solutions, especially with the help of laboratory work and field trips. Course leaders and guest lecturers cover a broad spectrum of international experience.
The summer school is a 10-day residential programme organized by the Department of Energy and Environmental Management of the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (Austria) at its Pinkafeld campus.
Registration is required and open to science, architecture and engineering students enrolled at the participating universities. International students are entitled to apply for a CEEPUS grant. Being nominated by your CEEPUS coordinator is a prerequisite, so if interested, please, contact your CEEPUS coordinator. Please apply for a grant only if you have serious interest in renewable energy research applied to construction and in working in an international and interdisciplinary environment.
The language of the summer school is English. Enrolment is limited.
- University of Applied Sciences Burgenland, Department of Energy and Environmental Sciences (Austria)
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (Slovenia)
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Architecture (Slovenia)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Architecture (Hungary)
- University of Pécs, Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (Hungary)
- Slovak University of Technology (Slovakia)
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Civil Engineering (Czech Republic)
Requirements and evaluation
The Summer School includes an amount of 60 teaching hours. Participation and fulfilment of requirements assure the completion of 4 ECTS credits at your home university. Certificates will be awarded upon completion of the school. To be qualified the following requirements are to be met:
- attendance and participation in classes, workshops and lab practices (50%) – grades will be determined based on teachers’ evaluation
- final group presentation (50%) – grades will be determined based on panel’s evaluation
Highlights of the Summer School 2017
The Summer School host invites all participants on Monday, 25 September 2017 to a special banquet in the PANNONEUM School of Business and Tourism in Neusiedl am See
The lunch includes a four-course menu as well as wine for each course.
The program also includes a field trip to Parndorf on Monday, 25 September 2017. We’ll visit the office building of the PÜSPÖK Group Windparkmanagement. The recently constructed building is a sample for green construction, energy efficiency and comfort. Apart from valuable theoretical input on wind energy generation, the host will also show us one of their windmills in operation in the Windpark Trautmannsdorf, which consists of 4 wind turbines of type E-101 and was finished at the end of 2015.
All invited and registered students from the partner universities will receive a cheque of 470€ from CEEPUS on arrival. The endowment is to cover:
- Travel costs to and from Pinkafeld
- Summer school fee: 70€ (paid on arrival)
In one of the dormitories of Pinkafeld: Step Gästehäuser
- Dormitory prices - to be announced
Please, arrange accommodation directly by writing to the dormitory
Contact: Mr. Mayr firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, add to your email that you will be attending the “Summer school at FH Pinkafeld 2017” to facilitate identification.
step Gästehaus 1
step Gästehaus 3
step Gästehäuser Pinkafeld
How to arrive
Prof.(FH) Dr. Éva Fernández-Berkes,
Energy and Environmental Management
|Phone:||+43 5 7705-4132|